P A L O A L T O M O D E L R A I L R O A D C L U B
Spring Show - April 27 & 28, 1991
*** SHOW RULES ***
The point of the show is to impress the public with what we've done.
The best way to impress the public is to behave well and make as few
mistakes as possible. These rules are intended to make the layout
run as smoothly as possible, and to be fair to all members. Good
behaivor is the most important part of achieving this goal. If
you behave well, the public will be impressed. If just one person
behaves poorly, it makes us all look bad.
Remember - the public is watching.
1. If anyone breaks the rules, you get one warning. Second time
and you stop running. Keep it up and you're gone for the day.
2. No running, yelling, BAD LANGUAGE, fighting, etc. Be nice.
3. The Dispatcher is in charge of the layout, period.
4. Operators must raise a hand to get Dispatcher's attention.
5. Watch YOUR TRAIN and the one in front of you at all times.
6. Operators must get Dispatcher's permission to leave the Tower.
7. NEVER, NEVER leave your train on the mainline. Period.
8. All equipment on the layout is under the Dispatcher's control.
9. Members must get Dispatcher's permission to run Granville,
Modesto, or the main line.
10. If the Dispatcher tells you to run a train, you do it without
argument. Even if you don't want to.
11. Senior members have the right to take over junior members'
trains at any time, with the Dispatcher's permission.
12. The only times touching equipment is allowed:
a) Take members' equipment on or off the layout in West Yard,
with the Dispatcher's permission.
b) Dispatcher's crew to fix a derailment.
c) Dispatcher's crew to bad order equipment.